Palm Bay Resort
Long Island, Whitsundays, QLD 4741 : Whitsundays
Rates start from as low as
$329 per night
Call us: 1300 665 277
Get a Quote
Offering complete tranquility and seclusion, Palm Bay has been designed to intricately blend into its natural surroundings and is simply a stone’s throw from some of Australia’s most iconic reefs and beaches.
Palm Bay Resort offers a unique resort experience, with 25 unique accommodation villas, suites and houses that are ideal for couples, individuals or families and we can cater to groups of up to 60 people offering sole occupancy of the resort for events, weddings and corporate functions.
Palm Bay Resort offers self-catering as well as a bistro style restaurant on site with lunch and dinner daily in the peak season and five days a week during Feb, Mar, April. The restaurant also offers a simple breakfast on the weekends.
Snorkeling, Kayaking, Tennis, Bush Walking, Boules, Fishing
Small Cost Activities
(Fishing gear for hire at $15 per day
) - Paradise Explorer (Private Charter Boat), Ocean Rafting
- Air Whitsundays Panorama Tour - (Seaplane), Scenic Flights and Tours - (Helicopter)
Dining & Bars
Palm Bay Resort is self-catering and you will need to bring your own food, buy or supplement your food provisions from the Palm Bay Store. The main food preparation area overlooking the resort pool is equipped with everything you will need to store and cook your food including crockery, cutlery, cookware and utensils, BBQs, gas burners, oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, large fridge and freezer etc, so all you need to bring is yourselves and your food. Please note, Palm Bay Resort is fully licensed and has a strict no BYO alcohol policy.
- Palm Bay offers a range of spirits, cocktails, beer, wine, and cider. You can enjoy a cocktail or a mocktail by the pool, and a refreshing beer or wine with dinner or anytime! Most evenings at sunset there is a happy hour with beer, wine and 2 cocktails that will change on a daily basis. Wood fired pizza, beer batter chips, salads and other options are available for purchase from the bar. Open daily for lunch 1:00pm to 3.30pm and dinner 5:00pm to 8:30pm. During off peak season (Feb-Mar), pizzas are available Wednesday to Sunday only.
Palm Bay Store
- The resort has a well stocked store that supplies pasta and pasta sauces, rice, eggs, long life milk, cheese, chocolate and soft drinks, a good supply of frozen meats, seafood and breads as well as a wide range of non-perishable items like snack foods, canned food and condiments.
- There are 3 different catering companies: Whitsunday Provisioning, Slice of Nature, and Fishi, they provide gourmet planned meals at a cost per day, as well as supermarket food. ALL food orders must be placed a minimum of 48 hours in advance, and will be delivered to Shute Harbour where a Palm Bay staff member will collect from to deliver to the resort (fee applies).
Palm Blue Day Spa
The resort day spa, offers a tranquil space where you can unwind, relax and rejuvenate your mind and body. With a complete spa menu to choose from you can pick just one treatment, or combine them to create your ultimate day spa pampering experience.
Ferry Transfers (bookings are essential)
Island Transfers provide multiple daily departures connecting with flights to and from Hamilton Island and Proserpine (Whitsunday coast) airports
Island Transfers can organise connecting shuttles. They can transfer outside of scheduled times for an extra fee.
Seaplane (bookings are essential)
Island Transfers services depart from Shute Harbour to Palm Bay at 8:00am, 10:30am, 2:00pm and 5:00pm
Island Transfers services returning from Palm Bay to Shute Harbour at 8:30am, 11:00am, 2:30pm, and 5:30pm
Fares starting from $55.00 per adult and $30.00 per child
Please note: Transfer prices are current as at June 2020 and may change without notice.
Air Whitsundays fly from Proserpine Airport to Palm Bay Resort for $990.00 for a six seater aircraft.
Which includes two or four passengers plus luggage.
- Babysitting Available (charges apply)
- Bar / Lounge
- Cafe / Coffee Shop
- Camp Kitchen
- Conference Facilities
- Day Spa
- Fireplace in Lobby
- Guest Laundry
- Luggage Storage
- Resort Shop
- Swimming Pool - Outdoor
- Tennis Court - Full Size
- Tour Desk
No onsite car parking available
Children & Extra Guests
Extra guests allowed at additional charge
Daily: 7:00am - 7.00pm
If you are arriving outside these times, please advise so after hours check-in arrangements may be made.
Hamilton Island Airport: 11km
Proserpine Airport: 35km
Nearest Beach: 10m